About This Resource
Links to other sources of information about Buddhism and acknowledgements to those who helped produce this resource.
Further information on the internet
www.buddhanet.net/ is a website with vast information about Buddhism. Almost any question is answered somewhere on this site.
But it is not always easy to see how much information is there. Make
sure you find the following sections:
The first of these contains material for schools. The second contains, as well as history, information on festivals, ceremonies, art, architecture and symbols, and answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) about Buddhist culture.
Useful children’s book
Mandy Ross ‘Bodh Gaya and other Buddhist holy places’ (2002) Heineman.
ISBN 0431 155178
Thanks to the following for kindly contributing information, advice or photographs:
- Amaravati Buddhist Monastery, Hertfordshire
- Buddhapadipa Temple, Wimbledon
- Friends of Western Buddhist Order, UK
- Fo Guang Shan Temple, London
- Kopan Monastery, Nepal
- London Buddhist Centre
- Network of Buddhist Organisations, UK
- Root Institute for Wisdom Culture, Bodhgaya, India
- Samye Ling Monastery, Scotland
- Three Wheels Temple, London
- Western Cha’an Fellowship, UK
Thanks also to the owners of gardens featured here who kindly helped us to include information and photographs about their gardens.
Words by Charles Patmore
Photos by Charles Patmore and Tanya Jane Patmore and also some from contributors mentioned above (images reused with their kind permission).
Produced May 2008 for REEP.
Back to the resource contents page.