REEP Products – Books – Faiths For A Future
Faiths For A Future
A Resource for Teaching Environmental Themes in Religious Education
Edited by Robert Vint for REEP
Faiths For A Future is the product of the popular down-to-earth training sessions for teachers run by REEP. It provides both a wide range of practical classroom activities and clear information on relevant beliefs, values and attitudes to the environment in Buddhism, Christianity, Hindu Dharma, Islam and Judaism.
Contributers include Alan Dyer, Kevin Fossey, Neil Ruckman, Indriyesha Das, Rashida Noormohamed-Hunzai and Vivienne Cato.
Includes resouces to help pupils:
- Experience the world around them
- Explore the relevance of religious teachings about the world
- Reflect on these ideas to encourage development of their own beliefs and values concerning the world and their place in it
- Find ways of taking practical action based on their own views and concerns, e.g. through a school project
- Photocopiable support material for activities where appropriate
- Suggested age ranges and possible objectives for the activities to help teachers plan schemes of work related to their local syllabuses
- Information for teachers on the beliefs about the world and the place and duties of humans in it, as seen by each faith covered
For teachers of pupils aged 5-13 (especially 9-13 year olds) but with relevance for GCSE and courses for students aged 14+
Published by RMEP
ISBN 1 85175 163 7
128 pages, A4, photocopiable
Order Faiths For A Future from REEP using the online order form.